The Good Lobby is a Brussels-based non-profit committed to equalising access to power by enhancing the advocacy capacity of civil society, while shaping corporate lobbying to be more responsible and transparent. It does so through a mix of training, strategic advice, and unconventional coalitions to assist NGOs, progressive companies, philanthropic organisations in their advocacy goals.
We are looking for a Policy Manager, who is:
- A Lobbyist: you know how to monitor policies and you know how to craft strategies to make change happen.
- A Campaigner: you know how communication works and you are able to make your point across on different media.
- A Manager: someone who can coordinate different projects at the same time, solve problems, step in when needed, be hands-on, and manage junior staff.
- A Master: someone who masters lobbying and communication. Someone who understands the challenges of lobbying in the nonprofit, civil society sector. Someone who can switch from energy policies to digital policies and pandemic prevention.
- A Magician: someone able to turn complexity into clarity by offering guidance to nonprofit leaders and letting them overcome obstacles that might have prevented them from succeeding.
- A Facilitator: someone who aims at being understood, a bridge-builder between different environments (e.g. public, private, civil society sectors), sharing her own knowledge with different audiences in a workshop, in a text, blog post or tweet.
What are the challenges we will propose to you:
- Manage different projects at the interface of advocacy and communication to the benefit of civil society actors.
- Campaign for civil society actors on a wide range of policies e.g. energy, health, digital, sustainability, corporate governance,…
- Advise and train people in lobbying and advocacy coming from different walks of life and sectors (civil society, private sector, grassroots, etc).
In particular, our Policy Manager will be responsible for:
- Managing several accounts as one-stop-shop for the beneficiary
- Supervising project delivery and coaching junior staff
- Monitoring relevant policies and act on the insights drawn from monitoring.
- Designing lobbying and advocacy strategies for different actors in civil society.
What we are looking for:
- Expertise in energy policy is strongly preferred. Knowledge of other policy areas like health, digital or sustainability is a plus.
- Proven experience in EU public affairs or advocacy, gained in a consultancy, law firm, EU institution or NGO.
- Strong command of EU policy-making processes.
- Understanding of the challenges of the nonprofit sector and European civil society.
- Expertise in designing and implementing lobbying and advocacy strategies.
- Ease while speaking in public.
- Creativity, flexibility and openness to change.
- At least 2 years of experience.
What we offer:
To begin with, a 6-12 months contract under Belgian law with the possibility of renewal depending on funding. You should already have the right to work and live in Belgium. This is a full-time position but we are open to part-time or freelancing arrangements.
How To Apply:
Please send to [email protected]:
- your CV
- a one page cover letter where you tell us why you want to work at The Good Lobby
in one single PDF file entitled: Policy Manager_Your First Name Your Last Name
The work and the well-being of The Good Lobby is strengthened by the diversity of our network and our differences in background, culture, experience, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, and much more. We welcome applications from people of colour, women, LGBTQIA and persons with disabilities. There is no deadline to apply, however the sooner you apply the better your chances of being hired as this is an immediate opening.
SPONTANEOUS APPLICATIONS AND CURRICULAR INTERNSHIPS
In case you are looking for a place where to do your curricular internship, or you would like to send a spontaneous application, please, use the following form: