Vacancy for a Policy Officer
The Good Lobby is a non-profit civic start-up committed to equalising access to power for a more plural, inclusive and democratic society.
To drive our impact, we offer a combination of strategic advice, training and pro bono expertise to non-profits, activists, progressive businesses, and philanthropies. Ultimately, our mission is to democratise lobbying and make our political systems more equal. Through our policy team we provide strategic advice services ranging from crafting advocacy strategies, developing position papers, monitoring policy developments, as well as conducting thematic research projects.
We are looking for a Policy Officer, who:
- Has good command of EU public affairs and policy-making processes gained through at least 1 year of experience in a consultancy, law firm, EU institution or NGO.
- Has experience in monitoring policies and developing effective advocacy strategies.
- Understands the challenges of lobbying in the nonprofit, civil society sector.
- Is able to clarify complex issues to a wide range of partners to help them overcome obstacles that they face.
- Aims at being understood, a bridge-builder between different environments (e.g. public, private, civil society sectors).
- Is eager to learn and deep dive into diverse policy fields.
- Is creative, flexible and open to change.
- Has a perfect command of english.
What are the challenges we will propose to you:
- Work closely together with the team on a diverse range of projects at the interface of advocacy and communication to the benefit of civil society actors.
- Campaign for civil society actors on a wide range of policies e.g. energy, health, digital, sustainability, corporate governance,…
- Support training and strategic advice on lobbying and advocacy to individuals from diverse backgrounds (civil society, private sector, grassroots, etc).
- Contribute to ongoing research projects that help strengthen civil society.
What we offer:
Standard Belgian contract, open to part-time and freelance roles. Salary commensurate with experience.
The work and the well-being of The Good Lobby is strengthened by the diversity of our network and our differences in background, culture, experience, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, and much more. We welcome applications from people of colour, women, LGBTQIA and persons with disabilities.
How To Apply:
Please send to [email protected]:
- Your CV
- A one page cover letter explaining your interest in The Good Lobby and your qualifications
In one single PDF file entitled: Policy Officer_Your First Name Your Last Name
There is no deadline to apply, however the sooner you apply the better your chances of being hired as this is an immediate opening.
If you would like to apply for an internship with The Good Lobby or want to submit a spontaneous application, please send us your resume with a cover letter.Get In Touch